Saturday, April 17, 2021

This photo may not look like much...

This photo may not look like much, but it gives me a reason to celebrate. I type this as I sit at my first symphony concert in over a year. I am not playing, but I am here to cheer on a college tuba player. Our symphony audiences have always been made up the older people. The same is true tonight. But I realized, I have not seen people of this age group in quite some time. They have been in their homes, hunkering down, avoiding contact with COVID-19. But tonight, they are vaccinated, wearing their masks, and ready to come out again. And here they are, at the symphony. It's a beautiful thing. We have come along way in a year. My heart aches for the opportunities that were lost. But, I am overjoyed with the progress that has been made. I'm ready to get out and make music in this world again. Life is too short to stay inside.

posted by Angie at 5:30 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Looking back and looking ahead
  • Snow day
  • Lake Geneva
  • December memories
  • Emory at 17
  • Emory 17.0
  • Miles at 15
  • Miles 15.0
  • Camping at the Smith Happy Hilltop Acres
  • A quick trip to the P N W

Powered by Blogger