Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lord Have Mercy



Today marks the first day in the season of Lent. Ash Wednesday has taken on a new meaning to me in the last few years. Growing up Baptist, I don't remember a celebration of this day. Until recently, I just thought it was another way for the Catholics to deal with their guilt. But now I see it as an entryway into a very holy time. During this time I am trying to remind myself of the sacrifice God made for my eternal life. I feel it is a good time to put my relationship with Christ in check and renew a relationship with Him. Below is one of my favorite lines from "Lord Have Mercy" by Michael W. Smith.

I have built an altar where I worship things of men
I have taken journeys that have drawn me far from You
Now I am returning to Your mercies ever flowing
Pardon my transgressions
Help me love You again

Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy
Lord have mercy on me

posted by Angie at 7:33 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • FREE BIKE
  • Metamorphisis
  • New Doo
  • Bookworms
  • SICK OF THOSE HIGH PAID TEACHERS
  • Little Boys
  • Brrrrrrrrrrrr!!
  • Stinky Diaper
  • Digging Out
  • Ode to Karen

Powered by Blogger