Thursday, May 27, 2021

Last Day of the weirdest year

This is my view from the room I spent the last year in. When I started teaching band virtually this year, I did not know it would last a whole year. I started with 135 students. And I ended with less than 30. There has been a lot of heartbreak along the way, but there has also been a chance for me to catch my breath. Last year was the hardest year of my teaching career. I had a crazy schedule and he NormaThis is my view from the room I spent the last year in. When I started teaching band virtually this year, I did not know it would last a whole year. I started with 135 students. And I ended with less than 30. There has been a lot of heartbreak along the way, but there has also been a chance for me to catch my breath. Last year was the hardest year of my teaching career. I had a crazy schedule and enormous classes. This year I feel like God was saying, this year I feel like God was saying, "I'm gonna give you a little break." I still worked hard this year, and I made a lot of great connections with kids. I started to really enjoy Middle School band in my time at Summit Lakes every day. I learned a lot about myself, and my future has become a little more clear. Overall, this year was not a loss. But I am ready for a fresh start next year.

posted by Angie at 1:30 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • This photo may not look like much...
  • Looking back and looking ahead
  • Snow day
  • Lake Geneva
  • December memories
  • Emory at 17
  • Emory 17.0
  • Miles at 15
  • Miles 15.0
  • Camping at the Smith Happy Hilltop Acres

Powered by Blogger