Saturday, September 16, 2006

Hooters




Today the kids and I went to scout out Casey in the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk. She has now completed 2 of the 3 days. She and her friend Sherrie raised over $2,200 each to be able to participate in the walk. She has walked for many hours to train for this weekend. I have tried to keep up with her on a few occasions, and she is a VERY fast walker. I wanted to go see her because I know how much it meant to me when my family came to see me run in the Chicago Marathon. Mom and BJ brought Paige and Lauren, Mikki brought Levi and Elijah, and I brought Emory and Miles to be her cheering section. I also went with a friend of ours who just completed chemotherapy and is a breast cancer survivor. We camped out on blankets in the shade and waited for the walkers to come by. I wasn't ready for the emotions I felt when I saw the walkers come by. I teared up as I saw these brave soles who have helped raise so much money ad awareness for breast cancer research. Each person there has been touched by cancer in one way or another, and they are all wearing their pink and some were sporting some hilarious slogans. I saw one that said "These boobs are made for walking" across the bust. I guess you are entitled to make some off-color jokes in support of a good cause. Casey was happy to see us, and her girls were VERY happy to see her. Paige had the biggest smile across her face as she rested her head on Casey's shoulder. We had to pry her off with a cookie. We are proud of you Casey! You're the BREAST!

posted by Angie at 7:14 PM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never leave my name on blogs, because, well, I just don't. Nevertheless, I am compelled to commend you on your very fine blog. You must be from a very nice family to have such a nice blog. Whoever your parents are, they did a marvelous job of raising you. I'll bet they are very special people. You are a lucky young woman!

9:25 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

FYI... dear old dad never leaves his name. ;)

9:33 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Yeah, my parents had a little to do with me turning out so great.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Rugrat
  • Clangie
  • EJT MJT Update
  • Apology
  • SUCKER!!!
  • Bringing Home Baby
  • First Impressions
  • The Power of Pink
  • My Vacation
  • Golden Streets

Powered by Blogger