Monday, July 13, 2015

Ouray to Mesa Verde

Our first stop after we left Crested Butte was Ouray.  We played and relaxed in the hot springs on our way to Mesa Verde.  We drove over the million dollar highway, through Montrose, Durango and then landed at Mesa Verde.  It is such a unique place, and the kids were at the perfect age to enjoy the dwellings.  Unfortunately, I was on the DL, as I hurt by back after the 1/3 marathon in Crested Butte. The kids and Clif got to explore a little more than I did, but my back and my claustrophobia thanked me later for not crawling through some of the tunnels.  We all toured the Spruce Tree House and the kids and Clif toured the Balcony House.  We camped in the National Park Monday night and attended a great ranger talk about the stars and constellation in the night sky and how the Anasazi people used them to farm through the seasons.  We loved our time at Mesa Verde, I'm so glad we made it one of our stops!











posted by Angie at 3:13 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Colorado Trek Part 2
  • AHHHHH! Mountain Air!
  • Home Again, Home Again....
  • More Key Lime Pie...
  • Welcome to the Keys!
  • Spring Piano Recital (AKA the VonThurmond Family R...
  • Kick off to Summer!
  • Goodbye, Dick.
  • Mother's Day
  • When you need a good laugh...

Powered by Blogger