Valentine's Day
So when did Valentine's Day stop being about showing your love and appreciation for your one true love? At our house this year, it was about making Valentine treats, pictures, boxes, getting gifts for the kids, making pink heart shaped pancakes, and strawberry milk. Our dinner tonight was from the Costco Snack bar, how romantic! I have had enough of Valentine's Day. I'd like to officially take this day back from the kids. Don't they get the other 364 days of the year? Can't a man and a woman in love just get ONE DAY?????
OK, I am done being grumpy. The truth is, the kids deserve the day. They are not afraid to walk up to someone they care about and give them a hug and tell them they love them. They freely eat the Valentine candy without feeling guilty or starving themselves later. They don't sit around and mope if they don't get the diamond earrings they wanted. They don't boycott the holiday if they aren't in a relationship. They cherish each Valentine they receive, and giving is as fun as receiving. Ahhhh, to be a child again......

1 Comments:
Angie, you're such a good mom! I didn't do nearly anything that crafty for my kids.
But they did get lots of kisses and hugs.
Post a Comment
<< Home