Sunday, October 29, 2006

Dear Grandma,




Dear Grandma,

I miss you. You have been in heaven for two months now, and I miss you here. I love looking around my house and seeing all the reminders of you. We have a Mrs. Butterworth on the mantle, some of your pink plastic flowers that Emory liked so much, and of course, the pink chair is in her room. I haven't taken off your necklace since the day we buried you. I see your beautiful hydrangea bush on the top of this blog every day, and I see your smiling pictures everywhere. I recently borrowed your car from Dad just because it made me feel closer to you. I got the chills when I sat down and saw your pink umbrella on the floorboard.

You would have been so proud watching Clif get baptized on Friday. BJ even leaned over to mention that exact sentiment to me during the service. I think it was appropriate that Clif drove your car to the church that morning.

Emory and I and Miles went to a Memorial garden to lay a pink flower in your honor the morning I got back from your funeral. But of course, you know that, you were there. We talk about you often. I will do my best to help Emory remember you as she grows up. She knows that you are in heaven and that we will see you again soon.

All of your great-grandchildren are well and triving. We are doing our best to raise them the way our parents raised us, and the way you raised our parents- with love, with discipline, and in a relationship with Jesus.

I wish I could watch you open your Christmas presents again this Christmas. I wish I could see you get all dressed up for your family to come visit. I wish I could hold your hand.

I love you,

Angie

(Now, date this letter and go put it with the stack of the others rubberbanded together on the kitchen table)

posted by Angie at 7:31 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger BJ said...

You forgot to tell her to write who the letter is from on the outside of the envelope, coupled with how she is related to you....

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, this is so tender and loving. Imogene and I both brushed the tears from our eyes.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Clif's Baptism
  • Emory's Blog
  • Little Drummer Boy
  • Tough guy!
  • Picture Day
  • So, how was your day?
  • Germ Fest
  • In the Buff
  • X-TREME Weekend
  • Clogger

Powered by Blogger