Saturday, November 11, 2006

Chunky Monkey

I don't know which is worse, sick kids or a sick husband. I have had to deal with both this week, but I am still standing strong! The kids just had a cold, but Clif is now upstairs under three blankets shivering and running to the bathroom every 10 minutes. He must have the flu. Ironically, our friend who is a nurse offered to give him a flu shot earlier in the week, and he declined, saying, "I never get the flu." I am staying far away. I feel bad for him, he had to spend the whole day supervising some honor band auditions and was gone for about 12 hours. He said he had to have a friend guard the door to the bathroom so no student walked in and saw his band director praying to the porcelain budda.

You don't often get the chance to be sick when you are a parent. Your needs are so secondary to your kids, that it is rare that you even stop and have the time to realize that you yourself don't feel well. And, all of our sick days from work are spent staying home with the kids when they are sick, so we really can't take any for ourselves.

Poor guy, he must be really bad off, he wanted to see the kids so bad today after being gone all day, but he just couldn't get close to them. When he gets better, I'll make sure to leave him alone with the kids for a day or two to make up for lost time. How sacrifical of me.

posted by Angie at 7:11 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so terrible not seeing my kids that there is no way I could allow you to have the same feelings. When I get better, I will let you take the kids to the park all afternoon.
Love,
Clif

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Cliffy, that you don't feel well. You are no longer a kid, you know. You need to take better care of yourself. I am getting too old to make new friends.

As an aside, has it ocurred to you and Angie to just talk to each other rather than blogging back and forth?

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Scooter
  • More photos
  • Photo Shoot
  • Jonathan
  • Happy Halloween!
  • Go Titans!
  • Dear Grandma,
  • Clif's Baptism
  • Emory's Blog
  • Little Drummer Boy

Powered by Blogger