Friday, December 01, 2006

SNOW DAYS!


There are many things about me that have not changed since I was a kid. I still eat a lot of pickles, still annoyed by cats, and STILL LOVE A SNOW DAY!!!! I have very fond memories of being pulled behind the tractor on a big piece of carpet. It was kind of like water skiing, except the frozen horse poop really hurt when you went over it. Dad used to build us each our own snow fort that we would stay in for the better part of a day. Then there was the time that I went sledding down the hill in front of the house and went under the fence on the sled and got a black eye and skinned up my face. Yep, snow days were the best! The picture above is of me and Mikki and BJ and Dad on one of our snow days in Nevada. Casey must have been inside reshelving books in her "Lending Library". We have now had two snow days back to back. We got hit by 2 storms in two days, so we now get to enjoy a four day weekend. I think that snow days are one of the few perks allowed in the field of education. If you have a real job, the term "snow days" refers to a grand memory in your past, and a 2 hour commute in your present life. And before those of you who were stuck in traffic a combined total of 9 hours the last 2 days starts whining, let me explain that we do have to make up snow days if we exceed two days. I don't care. I STILL LOVE THEM! Unfortunatley I haven't gotten to go play in the snow yet, Emory has not been feeling well, she has a bad cough, so I have stayed inside with her. Maybe we will get out tomorrow, there is still plenty of snow!

posted by Angie at 9:08 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonorliteman said...

If I remember correctly, don't we have ziplock baggies on our hands and feet tied with a rubber band?

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Happy Birthday, Miles
  • Haircuts
  • Veggie Tales
  • Birthdays
  • Thankful
  • All About Miles
  • Cry Baby
  • Chunky Monkey
  • Scooter
  • More photos

Powered by Blogger