Life is a Highway
Day 1 From the Road
I am going to attempt to give you the play-by-play on our road trip. We are going to visit Clif's grandparents in North Carolina and then Clif and I are flying from there to a wedding in Flordia. We left Kansas City this morning at 6 am and we are in route to North Carolina. At about 6:30 am we realized that the DVD player had no charge and the we forgot the cord. So we tried the laptop computer to play movies, which soon ran out of battery. It was then I realized that we were going to have to travel all day just like the early pioneers, WITH NO DVD PLAYER!!! We survived, thanks to the video iPod. (I am sure the pioneers would have loved the video iPod ) We drove about 600 miles today and we stopped about halfway. We planned a stop at the St. Louis Zoo this morning to break up the trip. We saw penguins, puffins, and polar bears, OH MY!!! It was a fun stop and it got the kids good and tired, so they napped in the afternoon.
We arrived at a hotel in Lexington, Kentucky around dinner time, and then hit the pool at the hotel. Now we are all laying in the dark, pretending to be asleep. Except Clif, he really is asleep. That is all for tonight, I'll post again when I get Wi-Fi!
I am going to attempt to give you the play-by-play on our road trip. We are going to visit Clif's grandparents in North Carolina and then Clif and I are flying from there to a wedding in Flordia. We left Kansas City this morning at 6 am and we are in route to North Carolina. At about 6:30 am we realized that the DVD player had no charge and the we forgot the cord. So we tried the laptop computer to play movies, which soon ran out of battery. It was then I realized that we were going to have to travel all day just like the early pioneers, WITH NO DVD PLAYER!!! We survived, thanks to the video iPod. (I am sure the pioneers would have loved the video iPod ) We drove about 600 miles today and we stopped about halfway. We planned a stop at the St. Louis Zoo this morning to break up the trip. We saw penguins, puffins, and polar bears, OH MY!!! It was a fun stop and it got the kids good and tired, so they napped in the afternoon.
We arrived at a hotel in Lexington, Kentucky around dinner time, and then hit the pool at the hotel. Now we are all laying in the dark, pretending to be asleep. Except Clif, he really is asleep. That is all for tonight, I'll post again when I get Wi-Fi!

5 Comments:
wow, that's much more excitement than i had today! and i'm very impressed that you're blogging on the road.
wishing you safe travels...
Just a reminder--count your children when making pit stops!
I remember a hilarious story about a absent-minded man who left his first-born child at a fast food restaurant and didn't notice her
missing. Have a fun time! Kathy
Kathy, you get the award for the MOST FAITHFUL smileyfish reader. Even my own parents don't read as often as you do!
You would be surprised how ofter at least one of of yor parents checks your blog. He knows all and says little. He thinks it is poetically fitting that his children are now crossing the country with their own children. Perhaps they will be less critical of his grouchiness on similar trips in the past. Perhaps they will now see him as the saint he is. Perhaps . . .
I read. I watch. I listen. I just don't know how to type. Saint, I don't think so. Did you see the blue-footed boobie bird? dom
Post a Comment
<< Home