Welcome back!
Ahhhhhh, Life is good. I finally got my computer back up and running. If you haven't heard, when we flew back from Washington the TSA security guards dropped our laptop and DVD player. The DVD player worked fine, but the laptop hasn't worked since the drop. I took it in to the Apple store 2 times and the second time they sent it off to be fixed. I was just sure I had lost everything off my hard drive. For 2 weeks I have felt sick to my stomach when I thought about everything I had surely lost. But it came back today, completely in tact. This whole episode taught me a few things. First, back up your hard drive FREQUENTLY!!! I had 6 months of family pictures, a family's photo shoot, and hours of work on a slideshow that could have been lost. Secondly, there are a few times that it is smart to buy a service plan. I think a laptop is one of them. It is so portable, that any number of things could happen to it. This repair would have cost me several hundred dollars if I was paying for it. But Apple fixed it for me for nothing.
I have felt so lost without my little computer. My link to the outside world. I have a whole list of things a must start "googling" now. We have a lot of catching up to do.
I have felt so lost without my little computer. My link to the outside world. I have a whole list of things a must start "googling" now. We have a lot of catching up to do.

1 Comments:
so glad to hear everything's up and running. hope your first week of school has gone well...
see you sunday for the big race!
Post a Comment
<< Home