Thursday, July 03, 2008

HOME!!

We pulled in tonight about 5 pm after another 8 hour drive. It is good to be home.

Miles is in the process of getting potty trained. That is great, but I forgot that he would add one more component to the travel drink/pee cycle. I am used to rationing Emory's drinks, but I always just let Miles drink as much as he wants, because he had always gone in his diaper. Well, today, he decided to be a big boy and he needed to stop and use the bathroom several times throughout the day. Of course, I fear public restrooms, so Miles learned how to go like a real man today- on the side of the road.

I have discovered that I think Emory is being raised in the wrong era of Smith girls. When we were younger, a family vacation was always a history lesson. We stopped at graveyards, battlegrounds, and museums throughout the country. Needless to say, the Smith girls were not very appreciative of the history lessons. Emory begs us to stop at places where she "can learn". Each time we go through a new state, she wants to stop in the visitors center so she can learn. We stopped at one place in Beckley, West Virginia, and she made me ask someone where the museum was. Today at Union Station in St. Louis, she was only interested in reading the historical markers in the shopping area. I think Annie and Papa need to take Emory on their next cross country adventure. She has her own air mattress!

posted by Angie at 7:25 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other Smith family had a different agenda on the road.
We did not visit presidential museums or see the biggest ball of
string! But the boys did enjoy
relieving themselves by the side of the road. I'll not go into the contest! Glad to see the family is safe at home.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

By "boys", I am sure you are including Olen, right?

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I've visited the blog, and I'm up to speed now. Sorry I missed the realtime play-by-play. Anytime Emory wants to learn something, just send her over here. Paige thinks she knows it all.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie and Pappa would love to take both Emory and Miles on a road trip. Miles could learn the pure joy of herding a bug across the ground with a stream of pee. Emory is a blank canvas upon which can be painted the knowledge of events past. She will be intructed not by Vincent Van Gogh. The instructor is more like Charles Shultz, but she will learn. If interest is a factor, she will be a marked improvement over former students.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Paradise over
  • Paradise found.
  • Free!
  • We Made It!
  • Life is a Highway
  • Mars and Venus
  • Snakes can't bite in the water
  • Photo Album
  • They make me so happy.....
  • Fish Derby

Powered by Blogger