Thursday, November 08, 2007

Nothing Gold Can Stay


I had to pull over on the highway the other day. I had my camera with me, and I wanted to capture the most beautiful week of the year. This week reminds me of a poem....

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower,
But only so for an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief,
Dawn goes down today,
Nothing gold can stay.

by Robert Frost

Recited from memory, Thank you Mrs. Dryer, my 6th grade Language Arts teacher.

posted by Angie at 8:28 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Very nice, Angie! And a lovely picture, too! I also remember a couple of sonnets I had to memorize in high school. Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Let me know and I will!

You must read my blog. Let me know if you can get in. You may have to check your e-mail first. Very strange happenings as of late...

By the way, can you send me the halloween pictures you took of our kids?

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Halloween
  • A Tale from the Pumpkin Patch
  • Hand-Me-Downs
  • OBSESSED!
  • Weekend Storybook
  • Grandma Sue is 85!
  • Grandparents
  • Pictures from August
  • Purify my Heart
  • Super Mom?

Powered by Blogger