North Carolina Part 2
We are now officially finished traveling. We just got home from North Carolina over Labor Day. We went to celebrate Nanny and Pop-Pop's 60th anniversary. Clif's grandparents have been together for 66 years, but married for 60 years. They dated while Bob was away in World War II. He would write love letters to Jan or send an occasional telegram. Their love has stood the test of time. We are so proud of them!
We had a great time visiting the family. The kids loved playing at the beach and catching up with their cousin, Riley. It was a pretty short trip, so as a result, we are having a really hard time settling back into a schedule. Emory has been hit especially hard by the lack of sleep. I can't count the number of time she has broken down and cried the last few days. Yesterday, she lost it because, "There is a snap on my pants". And today she was crying because, "My forehead just itches". I don't even know what to do with her. She has been so emotional, we have had to designate a "sad chair" for her to sit in when she just can't get it together. I don't know what else to do. I am getting a taste of the teenage years ahead of us...


We had a great time visiting the family. The kids loved playing at the beach and catching up with their cousin, Riley. It was a pretty short trip, so as a result, we are having a really hard time settling back into a schedule. Emory has been hit especially hard by the lack of sleep. I can't count the number of time she has broken down and cried the last few days. Yesterday, she lost it because, "There is a snap on my pants". And today she was crying because, "My forehead just itches". I don't even know what to do with her. She has been so emotional, we have had to designate a "sad chair" for her to sit in when she just can't get it together. I don't know what else to do. I am getting a taste of the teenage years ahead of us...

3 Comments:
When you diagnose Emory, let me know, because I'm having some of the same symptoms myself! Dr. Olen
told me it was hypochondria or just being a drama queen. But when your forehead itches, its real! Kathy
The term, "Drama Queen" is also appropriate for Emory. Maybe she and her Aunt Kathy need to spend a weekend together...
Better yet, let them both spend the weekend with Olen. Incidently, your mother gets upset when her pants won't snap, which is similar, thought not exactly the same, to Emory's complaint.
Post a Comment
<< Home