Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Emory is 6?????





What?? 6??? It does not seem possible. That little bundle of joy rocked my world 6 years ago today, and I have not been the same since. Since December 2, 2003:

I have changed thousand of diapers and cleaned up even more "accidents".
Made 6,000 grilled cheese sandwiches.
I go to bed dreaming of fun things we can do together.
I know every park in town inside and out.
I have ordered 725 happy meals.
All I want to do is hang out with people under 4 feet.
I have memorized The Little Engine that Could", "The Hungy Little Catepillar", "Snuggle Puppy", "Barnyard Dance", and many other Children's stories.
I have grown to love watching "Little Einsteins" and "Backyardigans"
I'm getting pretty good a little girls bows.
I have taken 25,000 photos.
I have given up my dream of playing professional tuba, it takes too much time away from the kids.
I have stayed awake praying for healthy kids.
No more marathons for me.

Emory, when you came into the world, you made me a better person. I LOVE more now than I ever thought I could. Your smile lights up a room, and you make everyone happy when they are around you. Your personality and leadership skills will take you so far. You are helpful and loving and full of great ideas. You are so full of joy, I hope you are a light everywhere you go. You are certainly a light to me. God has truly blessed you...

posted by Angie at 7:53 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger BJ said...

Genice Humader had a Hello Kitty gumball machine growing up too!! Her, Courtney and I had a club called the Hello Kitty club and we would start each meeting by eating a piece of gum!

And you are right. She ABSOLUTELY lights up a room and makes everyone happy. She's my birthday buddy.... :)

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So well said . . . Happy Birthday, Emory!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Miles is 4!
  • Rock on!
  • Fall Photos
  • Getting settled
  • Goodbye to Gooseberry Lane
  • Emory Starts School
  • More from Summer
  • End of Summer Family day
  • My fish
  • What we have been up to the last 10 years...

Powered by Blogger