Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Emory is 5!



Where have the last 5 years gone?

If I look back, I could find them...

watching you play dress up, at the the library, cleaning up your messes, watching Little Einsteins with you, playing ponies with you, pushing you on your trike, making your favorite meal, "tacos", playing at the park with you and Miles, reading, reading, and reading some more, our "Girls Days", at the zoo, answering your questions, entertaining you while you sat on the potty seat, at the pool, on walks in the stroller, at McDonald's, playing instruments and dancing together, making crafts, and playing school. And there is nothing else in the world I would have rather been doing.

Yesterday I told Emory that it was her last day of being 4. I almost cried as I said it. I loved 4, probably more than all the other years. But I am sure 5 is going to rock, too. Until I have to send her to Kindergarten... :(

posted by Angie at 8:20 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until you leave her at college the first time and she hands you a tape of all the music you made her listen to growing up. I hope it is a long drive home, like across three states. Paybacks . . .

9:41 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

he he he... wonder who left that comment... ;)

letting go, there's nothing in her way now, letting go. there's room enough to cry. even though she's spent her whole life waiting, it's never easy... letting go.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Emory! Angie- you have at least 13 years before she will leave for college. The two previous comments are mean-spirited. They must be written by relatives! Kathy

7:58 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

i love 5. noah is such a little person and i find him so facinating. i'm sure you'll find the same with emory as well.

happy belated birthday, emory!

when will you come play at our house??

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Miles is Free (Three)
  • From the Fall
  • The Renunion of "The Guys"
  • Busted!
  • Summer Portraits
  • The Shack
  • North Carolina Part 2
  • Welcome back!
  • Fishing
  • Photos from Washington

Powered by Blogger